A WAY TO START QUIZZING
After a lot of suggestions by other people, I am here to write on how can any normal person start quizzing.
I am aiming towards each and every one of those young people who wonder, why on earth they are not so much up-to-date with happenings around themselves. This might just help them.
How to gear up for Quizzing
There have been many people who want to know and play quizzes but don't exactly know how to do it. They always ask me how my General Knowledge is so good and so lets list it out what we should do:-
- Read Newspapers
First things first we cannot become good in quizzing in the 20 days as we do for our exams. We need to be preparing always, we I have felt till now is that if someone is reading newspapers then he is bound to answer some questions in quiz. General awareness is close relative to general knowledge and if your general awareness is good you will love playing quizzes.
- Be Observant and Curiosity
Being observant is also one of the basic things for starting your quizzing career at any level, be it in schools, colleges or even pubs. Basically, when you are observant you are learning new things every time while not dedicating your time to it. I once had the chance to meet renowned Quizmaster PARNAB MUKHARJEE, just seeing him will let you know how much he knows about anything, what he told me about it is "You have to be observant and aware and you will now know at least a thing about everything." What you get from being observant is the things you should know, will come to you. You can supplement this with techniques many quizzers use, like noting things in the diary, making a lot of bookmarks, keep discussing with each other, etc.
- MAKE BOOKS YOUR NEW FRIENDS
Now if you read it further you can say that you can write an article about it, reading books will always teach you new things, I am not saying that you should read quiz books, never start reading and preparing by quiz books, read general books even SACHIN'S autobiography, Playing It My Way will let you gain knowledge. Yes after gaining knowledge you can test yourself with quiz books but never start with them.
So in nutshell, I would be recommending, as a quizzer you need to know things going around. The vast amount of quizzing experience I have faced till date, half of the quiz relates the questions to current scenario.
This is a post which is, to be honest, little out of my objective with this blog. I aimed to collect questions faced all over my life. But then, this also is a knowledge I have gained over the years, and I am following my mantra to ensure "Flow of knowledge".
Do comment your feedbacks, any suggestions you want me to implement and if you like it, don't forget to share with people you think can benefit with this.


1 Comments